Sr. DevOps Engineer
On January 31, 2017 Oracle completed the acquisition of Dyn, which now operates as an Oracle Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) global business unit (GBU).
Dyn is seeking an experienced developer/systems engineer to assist with the development of various platforms and applications, including the automation pipeline. The individual should have experience with both traditional development/engineering projects as well as working in a DevOps role. This is a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment requiring strong communication and teamwork skills as well as the ability to adapt to shifting priorities.
The candidate should be familiar with the following:
- Continuous Delivery and Integration pipeline such as Jenkins
- Configuration management tools, Chef and/or Salt preferred
- Linux server administration and configuration
- Virtualization (KVM), Containerization (Docker), microservices architecture
- Building highly available, distributed architectures in the cloud (AWS)
- Source control (Git) and package management tools (npm, pip, etc)
- Test-Driven development
- Data analysis, centralized logging, security engineering and operations
- Collaborate with a small engineering team to design, build, and deploy an automated platform
- Develop well-documented code
- Automate systems from infrastructure to application deployment using tools like Git, Chef, Salt, Ansible, or others
- Develop playbooks for the repeatable deployment of system components, or for performing routine management/deployment tasks
- Deploy, manage, and maintain applications and systems deployed to AWS, Bare metal, KVM, and Docker
- Design and develop new features based on the design goals and user feedback
- Pro-actively look for ways to enhance the functionality, reliability, operation of the pipeline
- Develop and run test cases on applications and services as part of deployment process.
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation when required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years of general work experience and three (3) years of relevant experience in functional responsibility
- Candidate must have experience working with cloud, Amazon Web Services, and DevOps
- Candidate should have strong analytical and organizational skills
- Candidate should have concise communication skills
- Experience with securing Cloud environments preferred
- At Least 3 years of experience and knowledge of some of these disciplines:
- Python/Ruby Scripting
Oracle’s Dyn is a pioneer in DNS and a leader in cloud-based infrastructure to connect users with digital content and experiences across a global internet. Dyn's solution is powered by a global network that drives 40 billion traffic optimization decisions daily for more than 3,500 enterprise customers, including preeminent digital brands such as Netflix, Twitter, Linkedin and CNBC. Adding Dyn's best-in-class DNS and email services extend the Oracle cloud computing platform and provides enterprise customers with a one-stop shop for Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS).
Learn more about Oracle and Dyn!
Dyn is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.