Senior Technical Support Representative (Tier 3)
On January 31, 2017 Oracle completed the acquisition of Dyn, which now operates as an Oracle Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) global business unit (GBU).
Dyn is continuing our fast-paced growth, bringing on new customers around the world daily. Our Enterprise Technical Support team is responsible for making sure our enterprise customers receive prompt & informative answers that quickly solve any question or issue they have encountered. Often you are assisting the makers of your favorite web site and/or smartphone app, a startup just starting to make itself known, and even Fortune 500 companies.
For those who want a challenge, want to dive in deep and learn the technologies our products are built on, and love to provide customers with the exact experience that you would expect in their shoes, this is the position for you.
Please note, this position will help support our weekend coverage; working a schedule that includes Saturday and Sunday will be required.
Hours: Thursday and Friday 10am - 9pm, Saturday and Sunday 9am-8pm (1 hour unpaid meal break)
Job Duties include
- Provide exceptional customer service, technical assistance, and training to internal and external customers.
- Prompt and accurate response to questions from customers and prospective customers about the features and capabilities of our services.
- Identify best practices for services in customer's account(s) and advises corrective action(s).
- Assess ticket priority, escalates as necessary through proper channels to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Resolve issues timely and accurately to help the team meet expected metrics and SLAs.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality and security regarding our customers' accounts, assigned company equipment, and company systems.
- Monitor release notes to obtains understanding of new or updated services.
- Participate in night, weekend, and holiday on-call rotation for DynECT platforms as coverage is needed, sometimes on short notice.
- Prepare evaluations of services or processes and recommend improvements.
- Develop customer-facing or internal documentation on an as-needed basis.
- Communicate customer needs and wishes to leadership team.
- Must have a passion for technology and troubleshooting complex customer problems. Must be able to communicate effectively with other team members as well as members of the Sales, Engineering, and Operations teams.
- Minimum of five years of experience in a technology related field or discipline;
- Experience with customer success strategies, technical support / helpdesk, and/or sales engineering roles.
- Must be able to work a schedule that includes Saturday and Sunday; must be able to also work a flexible schedule (days, nights, weekends, and/or holidays) as part of a 24/7 on-call team (rotation), as required
- Comfortable communicating solutions to customers across a wide variety of skill-sets.
- Able to work autonomously and collaboratively as appropriate.
- Tenacious with a passion for learning new and unfamiliar concepts.
- Comfortable working with customers in person, by phone and via email.
- Cultural fit is important. You must embody our core values of trust, passion, performance and respect.
- Ability to write and speak multiple languages.
Oracle’s Dyn is a pioneer in DNS and a leader in cloud-based infrastructure to connect users with digital content and experiences across a global internet. Dyn's solution is powered by a global network that drives 40 billion traffic optimization decisions daily for more than 3,500 enterprise customers, including preeminent digital brands such as Netflix, Twitter, Linkedin and CNBC. Adding Dyn's best-in-class DNS and email services extend the Oracle cloud computing platform and provides enterprise customers with a one-stop shop for Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS).
Learn more about Oracle and Dyn!
Dyn is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.