Manager, Platform Engineering
On January 31, 2017 Oracle completed the acquisition of Dyn, which now operates as an Oracle Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) global business unit (GBU).
Dyn is seeking an experienced developer/systems engineer to manage the definition, design and development of various platforms. The individual should have experience with both traditional development/engineering projects as well as working in a DevOps role. This is a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment requiring strong communication and teamwork skills as well as the ability to adapt to shifting priorities.
The candidate should be familiar with the following:
- Virtualization (KVM), Containerization (Docker), microservices architecture
- Building highly available, distributed architectures in the cloud
- Continuous Delivery and Integration pipeline such as Jenkins
- Configuration management tools, Chef and/or Salt preferred
- Linux server administration and configuration including kernel tuning and advanced IPtable filtering
- Source control (Git) and package management tools (npm, pip, etc)
- Advanced networking concepts including BGP and Anycast
- Data analysis, centralized logging, security engineering and operations
- Provide one on ones and management meetings for filtering down information and opportunity for engineers to provide feedback
- Ensure engineers are empowered to make decisions (avoid micro management)
- Ensure team members are happy with their position and the efforts they are engaged in
- Address training needs by understanding the team’s skill sets and incorporating new technologies
- Set individual and team goals which roll up to meet org and company goals
- Coach by highlighting on success and providing feedback on opportunity for improvements
- Define structure and process where appropriate to aid the team
- Work with other teams and peers to define goals, requirements and acceptance
- Manage/highlight resource contention and assist in prioritizing the work
- Assist with making vendor selections and developing schedules and budgets.
- Assist in the definition of verification methods, tools, and configurations for security and product testing.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to design, build, and deploy an automated platform
- Develop well-documented code
- Automate systems from infrastructure to application deployment using tools like Git, Chef, Salt, Ansible, or others
- Develop playbooks for the repeatable deployment of system components, or for performing routine management/deployment tasks
- Deploy, manage, and maintain applications and systems deployed to AWS, Bare metal, KVM, and Docker
- Design and develop new features based on the design goals and user feedback
- Pro-actively look for ways to enhance the functionality, reliability, operation of the platform
- Develop and run test cases on applications and services as part of deployment process.
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation when required
Education & Qualifications:
- Minimum of three (5) years of general work experience and three (2) years of relevant experience in functional responsibility
- Two (2) to three (3) years experience managing teams
- Ability to build effective teams and motivate individuals
- Candidate must have experience working with cloud, Amazon Web Services, and DevOps
- Candidate should have strong analytical and organizational skills
- Candidate should have concise communication skills
- Experience with securing Cloud environments preferred
- Candidate should have Python development experience, preferably experience with django, flask, TDD
- At Least 3 years of experience and knowledge of some of these disciplines:
- Python Scripting
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering and/or a related field; alternatively suitable prior experience.
Oracle’s Dyn is a pioneer in DNS and a leader in cloud-based infrastructure to connect users with digital content and experiences across a global internet. Dyn's solution is powered by a global network that drives 40 billion traffic optimization decisions daily for more than 3,500 enterprise customers, including preeminent digital brands such as Netflix, Twitter, Linkedin and CNBC. Adding Dyn's best-in-class DNS and email services extend the Oracle cloud computing platform and provides enterprise customers with a one-stop shop for Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS).
Learn more about Oracle and Dyn!
Dyn is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.