Senior Network Engineer
On January 31, 2017 Oracle completed the acquisition of Dyn, which now operates as an Oracle Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) global business unit (GBU).
This individual will be a member of the Engineering organization supporting the Network Engineering group. This person will work with the Architecture teams, Product teams and Technical Operations teams on assisting with the design of our next generation Data Centers, work on peering designs and cloud integration .
This person must be able to rapidly identify and explain design issues and challenges, and think on their feet. Day-to-day activities will range from network system design, network architecture, and network system development. This individual must have the ability to understand business needs, working closely with product managers, and strike a good balance between business needs and technical implementations. This individual will also be fairly autonomous and be expected to contribute to a wide range of high-impact projects across the organization. The candidate must be familiar with Data Center design, BGP, peering and a specialist with common networking gear (Juniper, Cisco, A10, firewalls, load balancers, switches, etc.)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the design, implementation and support of Dyn Data Centers and networking infrastructure in an Engineering capacity
- Design and assist with the development of Dyn’s peering architecture
- Providing review and input to business requirements, and using those to develop technical requirements and, eventually deployable systems
- Work with Architecture teams on developing strategies in the areas of peering and networking interconnectivity
- Assist teams on characterizing and developing technological capabilities in the areas including Data Center operation, Software Defined Networking, and global service delivery
- Assist in documenting network systems and training the Dyn NOC staff to diagnose and mitigate issue.
- Assist Technical operations, as needed, in standardization and implementation of Dyn networking systems
- Establish and maintain productive relationships with vendors and peer organizations.
- Assist with making vendor selections, and developing schedules and budgets.
- Manage personal development in technical areas associated within Dyn business areas (e.g Software Defined Networking, Data Center, protocol design/use, and automation)
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent in work experience and self-study.
- Advanced degree is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver the items listed in the major duties section
- At least 7 years experience in network operator environment (content and/or service provider) including operations and/or Engineering (must have at least 4 years in Engineering capacity)
- Background and experience with data center design and/or implementation
- Strong background in inter-domain routing, Internet routing policy control and network engineering
- Knowledge of major networking protocols including BGP, OSPF, MPLS protocols for both IPv4 and IPv6
- Familiarity with ancillary network protocols such as SNMP, NETCONF, NetFlow
- Knowledge and experience with computing environments including server operation, compute platforms, and storage
- Familiarity with software development processes and common languages (C/C++, Ruby, Python, shell, etc.)
- Familiarity with operational tools and automation development
- Knowledge of Internet protocols and standards, including DNS, REST, SSL/TLS, HTTP, NETCONF, Open Config, and YANG
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimum direction
- Creative thinking and critical analysis are essential
Oracle’s Dyn is a pioneer in DNS and a leader in cloud-based infrastructure to connect users with digital content and experiences across a global internet. Dyn's solution is powered by a global network that drives 40 billion traffic optimization decisions daily for more than 3,500 enterprise customers, including preeminent digital brands such as Netflix, Twitter, Linkedin and CNBC. Adding Dyn's best-in-class DNS and email services extend the Oracle cloud computing platform and provides enterprise customers with a one-stop shop for Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS).
Dyn is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.