Senior Software Engineer (Messaging)
On January 31, 2017 Oracle completed the acquisition of Dyn, which now operates as an Oracle Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) global business unit (GBU).
Dyn is seeking a talented Software Engineer to become part of a fast-paced world class software engineering team focusing on Messaging. This individual will be a member of the Engineering organization, reporting to Product Development leadership.
The ideal candidate will work closely with fellow Messaging Squad members in creating and further enhancing key components of a cloud based messaging platform which will offer services similar to Amazon AWS SNS, SQS, and especially SES.
- Develop API’s, MTA technology, notification services and other forms of communication components to complement a cloud based message offering
- Build highly scalable backend messaging system to process and present large amounts of data.
- Assist in the definition of verification methods, tools, and configurations for product testing
- Help develop automated release and configuration management systems for messaging software
- Operating effectively and with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and escalate issues appropriately
- Work as part of a squad which is organized by a product backlog, product owner and scrum master
- Create stories and tasks within Jira in sizable chunks which can be estimated accurately to help define velocity
- Consistently exercising independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent in work experience and self-study
- Demonstrates high level of proficiency with Java 7+ SE backend systems programming
- Proficient in Linux Operating Systems, with a good understanding of networking concepts
- Must be a flexible, resourceful, team player that is able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Must be detail-oriented, extremely organized, and have exceptional written and communication skills
- Must demonstrate proficiency in documentation and communication skills
- Previous experience developing and supporting a large email platform with intimate knowledge of SMTP and sending security such as SPF, DKIM is a plus.
- Familiarity with RESTFUL API’s. API development experience is a plus
- Knowledge of Agile SCRUM methodology is a plus
- Proficient in Python is a plus
- UI/UX experience is a plus
Oracle’s Dyn is a pioneer in DNS and a leader in cloud-based infrastructure to connect users with digital content and experiences across a global internet. Dyn's solution is powered by a global network that drives 40 billion traffic optimization decisions daily for more than 3,500 enterprise customers, including preeminent digital brands such as Netflix, Twitter, Linkedin and CNBC. Adding Dyn's best-in-class DNS and email services extend the Oracle cloud computing platform and provides enterprise customers with a one-stop shop for Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS).
Dyn is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.