Sales Development Representative
On January 31, 2017 Oracle completed the acquisition of Dyn, which now operates as an Oracle Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) global business unit (GBU).
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) is an important member of our Sales and Marketing organization, playing a critical role in uncovering and qualifying leads by understanding the prospect’s business challenges and pre-qualifying opportunities by phone and email contact.
Working in collaboration with marketing, sales, and the partner channel, the SDR’s primary objective is to deliver “Sales Ready” qualified leads to the sales team he/she supports.
- Generate new business opportunities to ensure Dyn’s continued exponential growth in North America.
- Effectively interact with IT and business decision makers via telephone and email to build relationships and acquire new business for assigned territory.
- Partner with key members of the sales and marketing team to develop target lists, call strategies and core messaging to ensure success.
- Achieve assigned quota of “Sales Ready” qualified leads.
- Understand the sales process and be able to overcome objections by genuinely caring & learning about the prospects business needs and showing them the value that Dyn’s products can provide.
- Perfect the ability to articulate and deliver prepared sales talks that describe Dyn products, services, and value in order to entice prospects to learn more about the solutions Dyn offers.
- Achieve monthly and quarterly call volumes, tele-qualification goals, and sales pipeline targets.
- Maintain a prescribed cadence of outbound activity.
- Learn and maintain a deep understanding of Dyn's products, technology and sales techniques.
- Provide sales team with detailed call notes on all tele-qualified leads.
- Record all customer information and maintain detailed tele-qualification records, in Salesforce.com, on each lead worked.
- Partner effectively with appropriate Account Representatives to schedule appointments with prospective customers and pass qualified opportunities.
- Professional, ambitious, determined, persistent and results oriented mind-set.
- Minimum of 2 years successful sales or lead development experience.
- Experience selling SaaS products preferred.
- 1-2 years of cold calling experience preferred.
- Demonstrated sales aptitude with relentlessly high standards and the desire to proceed on with a sales career.
- Proficiency in the use of email, with strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Positive attitude, team oriented, self-starter who can work independently as well as in a collaborative manner to achieve team goals.
Oracle’s Dyn is a pioneer in DNS and a leader in cloud-based infrastructure to connect users with digital content and experiences across a global internet. Dyn's solution is powered by a global network that drives 40 billion traffic optimization decisions daily for more than 3,500 enterprise customers, including preeminent digital brands such as Netflix, Twitter, Linkedin and CNBC. Adding Dyn's best-in-class DNS and email services extend the Oracle cloud computing platform and provides enterprise customers with a one-stop shop for Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS).
Dyn is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.