Senior Marketing Content Strategist
On January 31, 2017 Oracle completed the acquisition of Dyn, which now operates as an Oracle Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) global business unit (GBU).
We’re on a mission to create marketing our buyers will love. We are looking for an experienced Sr. Marketing Content Strategist to become an expert on Dyn’s buyer personas and be a trusted advisor to the client on all aspects of content marketing and ensure alignment of the buyer’s journey. As a Sr. Marketing Content Strategist you will play a critical role in leading the content collaboration with our product, sales, creative, and marketing teams to help plan, write, edit, and promote content. You will often be called upon to distill complex technology issues into straightforward and engaging narratives. The ideal candidate is a technology geek who can write, and will have experience working in Business to Business (B2B) technology marketing.
This full-time position reports to the Director, Marketing Communications and is based in Manchester, NH.
Responsibilities / Accountable for:
- Create strategic, high-quality, engaging content for highly technical decision maker audiences relative to Dyn’s Internet Intelligence platform.
- Understand the technical decision maker audience—the key issues they face, the content they’re looking for, the form factors they want to consume it in—and continually update our strategies and content products to meet the needs of this audience.
- Creative researcher - use whatever tools you can to research and create insightful reports on industry trends, audience needs & behavior, competitive assessments, website/content audits and digital ecosystem assessments.
- Create the strategy and writing content for Dyn’s website, social media, email campaigns, and other distribution channels and a variety of form factors, as needed
- Establish metrics to measure the value of content solutions including content/brand integrity, content accuracy and relevance.
- Prepare quarterly analytics reports on content assets, using analytics to drive future content decisions.
- Work closely with the demand generation team in the creation of email nurturing campaigns, leveraging customer profiles to deliver relevant and timely communications to spark sales.
- Successfully collaborate effectively with cross-functional team members to ensure presentation of content strengthens our desired brand communication.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in writing and content management for technical audiences (design experience a plus).
- Strong technical acumen and the ability to become an expert in the use of Dyn platform, particularly Internet Intelligence.
- Proven success and ability to turn data into a compelling story customized to target audiences.
- Knowledge of Domain Name System (DNS) and Internet industry is a plus.
- Ability to connect technology to business impact. Technology Journalism is highly desirable.
- A keen interest in and ability to unearth relevant and insightful case studies, data points, consumer quotes, etc. that can strengthen an overall story.
- Prior experience designing, conducting and analyzing target audience research, competitive analysis, stakeholder interviews, content audits, inventories and the like.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Impeccable attention to detail, exceptional writing skills; strong understanding of how to create content that draws an audience.
- Have a solid understanding of the mechanics of the web and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) best practices and optimizing copy for website and online writing.
- Outstanding proficiency in marketing writing, creative writing and technical writing.
- Outstanding analytical skills; capable of interpreting data to improve content effectiveness.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build positive relationships and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team.
- Ability to plan strategically and execute tactically.
- Cultural fit is important; you must embody our core values of trust, passion, performance and respect.
- Background in engineering or a related technical field is highly desirable.
Oracle’s Dyn is a pioneer in DNS and a leader in cloud-based infrastructure to connect users with digital content and experiences across a global internet. Dyn's solution is powered by a global network that drives 40 billion traffic optimization decisions daily for more than 3,500 enterprise customers, including preeminent digital brands such as Netflix, Twitter, Linkedin and CNBC. Adding Dyn's best-in-class DNS and email services extend the Oracle cloud computing platform and provides enterprise customers with a one-stop shop for Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS).
Dyn is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.